- This event has passed.
September 18 @ 12:21 pm MDT
- This event has passed.
Confined Space Training
September 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MDT
Competent Person Confined Space Training
(8 - hour Classroom Instruction)
This one-day classroom Trenching, and Excavation Competent Person Training course goes far beyond the basic awareness level that many OSHA courses provide for trenching and excavation. Since the competent person is required to make critical decisions, they must receive much more in-depth training in order to create a safe environment for workers, as outlined in the OSHAs standards.
This course will help the competent person answer important job site questions such as: Are there adequate means of access and egress? Are adjacent structures stabilized? Does the procedure require benching or multiple benching, shoring, or shielding? Are means of egress from the cut, cavity, or depression no more than 25 feet from the work?
These, and many more, are the kinds of questions a competent person on a trenching or excavation site should be asking. While there is no substitute for real-world hands-on experience, this Trenching and Excavation Competent Person course will go a long way in providing a good foundation of knowledge from which a worker can create a safer excavation work environment. Identify the characteristics of confined spaces.
- Identify the characteristics of permit required confined spaces (PRCS)
- Discuss definitions relating to confined spaces.
- Identify the differences between General Industry and Construction confined space.
- Identify the key components of a confined space.
- Identify the duties of the entrant, attendant, and supervisor.
- Identify the hazards in a confined space.
- Understand eliminating hazards using Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO)j.
- Understand ventilation practices.
- Understand rescue preparation.
- Understand employee rights.
- Characteristics of Confined Spaces.
- Limited means of entry/exit,
- Is large enough for a worker to enter
- Is not intended for regular/continuous occupancy.
- Characteristics of Permit-Required Confined Spaces.
- Differences between General Industry and Construction Confined Spaces.
- Injury Reduction Impact on New Ruling.
- Key Components of a Confined Space Plan.
- Duties of Attendant, Entrant, and Entry Supervisor.
- Confined Space Hazards in Construction.
- Eliminating Hazards Using.
- Confined Space Rescue.
- Employee rights and responsibilities.
Time: Sessions: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with 1 hour for lunch
Location: Albuquerque campus
Date: September 7, 2021
Each student who successfully completes this course will be issued a Wall Certificate. Students will also be mailed a Wallet ID Card, with photo, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
For information concerning this course or other PCC Training Courses please contact:
Aubrey Connor – Office Manager
Phone: (505) 286-1883