Crane and rigging accidents are far too common in the modern era workplace. PCC provides training, risk assessment and critical lift planning BEFORE your job so you can avoid an accident. We also provide specialized rigging support, accident investigation, due diligence assessment and expert testimony if you have an accident.
Since 1995, PCC has been called upon to investigate many crane and rigging accidents. From each, we can learn, improve and avoid future accidents. Shown below are pictures of recent accidents demonstrating the dangers associated with crane and rigging operations.
Accident Investigation Overview: Statistics tell us that over 86% of crane and rigging accidents are Predestined to happen before the operation is started. Mr Orr has been quoted in a New York Times interview, “…[accidents] usually happen not for one single reason, but for a series of reasons.”
- Our crane accident investigation experience tells us that lapses in planning, inspection, preventative maintenance and training all play a significant role in this accident experience.
- Our consultation, inspection, training, planning and specialized rigging services all focus on Accident Prevention. However, when an accident happens, the actions taken immediately after the event are critical and should be managed by professionals.
Accident Investigations: PCC’s crane accident investigation services are available 24 Hours a day/365 days a year throughout North America. Accidents are not planned and must be responded to immediately. When called upon, PCC will dispatch professional investigators to the accident scene to:
- Secure the scene
- Document the accident scene (sketches, drawings, video and audio recordings)
- Interview all involved parties
- Provide consultation and planning for Post Accident Recovery (as required) to ensure structures are safe and equipment is up-righted safely without further damage.
Crane Accident Re-Construction: Upon completion of a thorough investigation, PCC will prepare a factual report with a computer generated logic diagram identifying the critical and casual factors and identify the root cause of accident.